For the past week or so I’ve been a bit busy with life things. I COULD tell you what they are, but I don’t want to do that. They’re not bad things, they are actually really good things, but to be honest, The Internet, I don’t really think that they’re any of your business. Anyway, I had planned on Monday to write a quick blog promising that from today (Wednesday) until Sunday I would blog-a-day, because my girlfriend is in Dublin and I have nothing better to do because I submitted some work to my supervisor on Monday; also I have a backlog of blogs to write. So there will be another one today, and then one-a-day until Sunday! These will include:
- My much-promised Prometheus second blog. This has been delayed in part because of . . .
- A review of The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell, a science fiction novel which actually deals with the issues Prometheus claims to. Assuming I finish it before Sunday.
- A review of The Amazing Spider-Man, which I am going to see this evening.
- Thoughts on the use of the first- and third-person in writing, which I have been having lately and think I might as well put on the internet.
- My thoughts on first novels and attempts at novels. The afore-mentioned girlfriend is having her first book published in January, which I am yet to read I have to admit, and so I’ve been thinking about this a lot recently too.
So there we go – plans for the weekend! I hope you enjoy them. Or ignore them, whichever you prefer.
[Edited 13/07/2012 to add links to the first three of these blogs which I wrote.]